Friday 10 June 2011

13 Giraffe Project 11th June 2011

Well, the plan was to make giraffe leg warmers for the giant giraffe statues outside the Omni Centre in Edinburgh. I sat up until 3am to complete these, dashed off to bed then woke up at 5am to go and put the yarnbombs on the Giraffes!

I got there and decided to stitch the yarnbombs onto the legs- this was the first time I've done this, I normally attach things with pipe cleaners! Just as I finished and took a photo, security appeared and made me remove the leg warmers as I didn't have permission to put them there!!! Soooooo gutted!!! I Worked so hard and they looked amazing!!!

No amount of pleading let me keep them there so I had to take them down and I re-housed them on the way home! At least I managed to get a picture!

Hope you guys like them!




All's well that ends well I suppose!

Shadow, Sunshine, Love

Shadow_Stitch

xxx

1 comment:

  1. They look awesome (on the bike stands too, I guess)! Great work!

    ReplyDelete